If you signed up for the Contemps Challenge—or if you didn’t, but are ready to do so NOW—we have great news for you!
The Contemps Challenge is continuing in 2011 in a big way!
From January 2011 through September 2011, Just Your Typical Book Blog will be hosting monthly roundups where participants can post links to reviews of Contemps novels for the opportunity to win a Super Awesome prize pack that will include books or ARCs and swag.
In addition to these monthly drawings, those who complete the challengeby reading AND reviewing 18 or more of our 20 titles can also be entered to win a Grand Prize of a hundred dollar gift certificate to the winner's bookstore of choice to be awarded in October 2011!
How it’s all going to work:
1. Your reviews may be published on blogs, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc, but you may submit only one review per book as your entry in the monthly drawing.
2. You may review as many Contemps books as you would like in any given month
3. Contemps novels that you read in 2010 are eligible and reviews that you’ve written for those books may be used as entries for the prize packs in 2011.
4. Prize packs are open to US addresses only, except for the month of August 2011, when we'll open up the monthly drawing to international addresses as well.
5. Contemps titles for this challenge are as follows (please note that one book got bumped to 2012, so we now have 20 books total):
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Girl, Stolen by April Henry
Freefall by Mindi Scott
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
Trapped by Michael Northrop
Rival by Sarah Bennett Wealer
Sean Griswold’s Head by Lindsey Leavitt
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
Family by Micol Ostow
Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
Pearl by Jo Knowles
Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
Sharks and Boys by Kristen Tracy
Want to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman
So, if you want a chance to enter the January prize pack drawing, GO HERE and share the links to any reviews of a Contemps book you've posted somewhere on the web. If you haven't written any yet, don't worry, you have ALL month to do so! Remember, one review per book each month, but you can review as many of our books as you want each month!
We're the Contemps and we are passionate about realistic fiction because these are the books that remind us we're not alone in this real world. Our mission is simple - to spotlight contemporary fiction for young adults. We'll spotlight a new or fairly recent contemporary title every Tuesday and Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll spread the word and come back again and again. We'd love to be THE resource on the web for contemporary young adult fiction.