Spotlight: THOU SHALL NOT ROAD TRIP



I love discovering a new author. I bought Antony John's FIVE FLAVOR'S OF DUMB some time ago, but it's still waiting on my TBR pile. I moved that book up and added his next offering, THOU SHALL NOT ROAD TRIP, after listening to this podcast Antony did with Sara Zarr. If you are a writer or a reader (you're here, so you're at least one:)), I recommend checking out Sara's podcast series. Antony was wise and witty in his episode, and I'm sure his books are as well. Learn more about Antony at his website and read an excerpt from the book.
Also, I love this book description. Adding a book tour for a sixteen-year-old to the road trip trope? So brilliant.

When sixteen-year-old Luke's book, Hallelujah, becomes a national bestseller, his publishing house sends him on a cross-country book tour with his older brother, Matt, as chauffeur. But when irresponsible Matt offers to drive Luke's ex–soul mate, Fran, across the country too, things get a little crazy. On the trip, Luke must loosen up, discover what it truly means to have faith, and do what it takes to get the girl he loves.

Told with Antony John's signature wit and authenticity, and featuring smart, singular characters who jump off the page and into your heart, this story is a spiritual awakening and rockin' road trip in one

Reviews:

"A highly readable balance of humor, heart, self-discovery, and shenanigans."
(The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always on the look-out for YA books with a male POV, because sometimes I find those books more relatable. Thou Shall Not Road Trip looks awesome. I'm super stoked for this one (:

E. Arroyo said...

I loved Five Flavors of Dumb. One of my all time favs. This one is on TBR list. =)

Antony John said...

Thanks so much for choosing my book, Lindsey. Much appreciated!

And many, many congrats on the plaudits for SEAN GRISWOLD'S HEAD. Isn't it a tremendous feeling when readers really get behind your book!

Vegan YA Nerds said...

I recently bought Five Flavors of Dumb but I'd forgotten about this book, thanks for the reminder! Just found your blog, love it!

Post a Comment