Spotlight Wednesday: SMALL TOWN SINNERS by Melissa Walker

I think I've said this before but I'll say it again because I can't lie--when it comes to Contemps posts, Spotlight Wednesdays are my favourite. As a contemporary YA author, there is nothing more exciting than internet shouting hey, guys! Look at this amazing contemporary YA title over here!

HEY, GUYS! LOOK AT THIS AMAZING CONTEMPORARY YA TITLE OVER HERE!






I am so excited for this book which arrived in my mailbox on Monday and which I cannot wait to devour. Isn't the cover beautiful? TRIVIA: Under the jacket, you'll see the apple embossed on the spine. It is so pretty. I love behind-the-scenes cover trivia. Melissa, who is known for featuring book cover stories on her blog has been sharing the cover story for Small Town Sinners so you should hop on over to her site and check it out! BUT before you do, stay here for a minute and let me give you some more info about her book!

So what is Small Town Sinners about?

Well, I think the gorgeous book trailer says it best:





Small Town Sinners has ALSO been getting some wonderful early praise. Publishers Weekly called it "tender and provocative," Romantic Times called it, "non-judgmental, nuanced [and] fascinating" and oh, this little place--maybe you've heard of it? THE NEW YORK TIMES (!!!!!!) had this to say about it:


"Walker has written a credible and tender evocation of the moment when a young person’s beliefs begin to emerge and potentially diverge from the teachings of a family’s religion."



Are you buzzing for this book yet? You should be. Oh, and did I mention you can read the first chapter of it here?

Melissa is a wonderful and positive force in the YA community and has shown no shortage of support when it comes to her fellow authors. I've always been grateful to her for shining the light on YA novels I may not have heard of without her. Needless to say, it has been an absolute pleasure to shine the spotlight on HER today. Small Town Sinners is OUT RIGHT NOW. Do yourself a favour and pick it up online or in person at your local indie today!

Now if you'll excuse me, my copy beckons and I cannot leave it any longer. If you've read Small Town Sinners, let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Congratulations on your release, Melissa! *confetti*

3 comments:

Micol Ostow said...

Love this one! Will have to get my hands on a hardcover to have a look at the apple!

Mindi Scott said...

Awesome! I read the excerpt and am looking forward to more. :-)

Sarah said...

Love the cover, love the trailer. Can't wait to read it!

Post a Comment